Universitatea Politehnică din București
Universitatea Politehnica din București is a technical university in Bucharest, Romania. It was founded in 1864, as School of Bridges and Roads, Mines and Architecture (based on an older technical school of Gheorghe Lazăr, from 1818), and was renamed Polytechnic School in 1920. It is classified by the Romanian Ministry of Education as a university of advanced research and education. The university is structured into 15 faculties, which include a faculty of engineering with teaching in foreign languages. The University is also a member of the Romanian Alliance of Technical Universities (ARUT).